Managers, Directors, Project Managers, Project team leads, Supervisors and other professionals with strategic and tactical information about leading a successful change effort in an organization.
Leading and Managing Change
Effectively leading change in your organization starts with knowing the importance of leading the people side of Change, while simultaneously managing the process side of Change.
Why take this course?
- To learn that successful Change is about undertaking Change “with” people not “to” people
- To explain the importance of maintaining a “Total Enterprise” mindset when creating Change.
- To understand the differences in Change efforts during “good times” and “tough/unstable times”.
- To describe the 3 priorities that are common to every organization, one of them being attracting & retaining good people
- To recognize the 4 major phases and 8 key steps needed for a successful Change initiative
- To discuss factors that are associated with success or failure in any Change effort.
- To learn about the importance of tailoring your communications based on the 6 stages of concern that employees have with any Change initiative.
- To learn techniques for dealing with negativity.
- To identify 10 habits for building trust and credibility on the job.
- To learn the QUICK communication system/framework for simplifying communications about Change.
- To discuss ways to manage your self-talk, keeping a positive attitude.
Leading and managing change during unstable, tough, or chaotic times is different than change during good times. However, the good news is, the dynamics of change and the major phases of change do not vary based on the times we are in. The bad news is, during unstable times there is low tolerance for error and missteps. Managers and supervisors must use judgment to determine what aspects of the dynamics of change need to be emphasized AND to make things happen quickly.
During unstable times, the core issue for many people is personal survival. In many organizations “politics” become fierce because putting bread on the table, ensuring the health of family, making mortgage and loan payments, and coping with an uncertain future become consuming top of mind priority issues. In addition, well-intended straight-forward actions changes can be viewed with suspicion. Though all skill sets are important when creating and implementing change, in unstable times, it is your people skills that will prove to be most valuable.
The purpose of this session is focused on providing participants with strategic and tactical information about leading a successful change effort in an organization. This session has been specifically created to provide participants with tools and frameworks to successfully embrace the challenge of leading and managing change given the realities of today’s workplace.
Sid Ridgley, is an enterprise development professional and advisor who provides insights, guidance and practical tips & hints to leaders in their pursuit of creating operationally effective ideal places to work and to do business with. He has over 20 years of developing executives, managers and supervisors in custom tailored workshops and over 25 years of consulting with companies in many industries in many countries to assist their leaders in creating improved organizations.
If you have any questions about this course or registration, please submit us a question to discuss your development needs.
Who Should Register
Cost and Policies
Receive a $100 / course discount when registering for 5 full courses in the Executive Management Program.
* Registration for all 5 courses must be done in the same transaction.
This course can be customized to your organization's needs and delivered at your location or the Ron Joyce Centre.