Essential Leadership Skills
Taking charge during times of workforce and workplace instability.
Why take this course?
- To understand what is causing stress amongst employees in today’s workplace.
- To recognize the difference between leadership and management
- To learn about the importance of having a compelling future vision of success.
- To recognize that employee engagement is about “feelings” not “logic”
- To review the steps in effective goal-setting.
- To reflect on some the “do’s and don’ts” of effective communications
- To learn that conflict and differences of opinion can be healthy in a workplace.
- To describe 12 ways to boost your credibility at work.
- To understand that “who you are”, especially as it relates to integrity is what creates a successful leader.
In these stressful, some would say chaotic, times, there is an increased need for managers and supervisors to meet objectives and requirements of the organization AND maintain the well-being, health and safety of their employees.
It is no secret, employees – at all levels – are concerned about what is going on in the world. Some organizations will emerge stronger and more productive from this crisis; others will falter. The difference in success rates depends on how leaders empathize, engage, motivate, inspire, support and use the talents of their people.
The purpose of this session is to assist participants in understanding that their primary job in any organization is to create value; create value for stakeholders, employees and especially those who are served by the enterprise.
This course can be customized to your organization’s needs and can be delivered online, onsite or at the Ron Joyce Centre in Burlington. For more information, click here.
Sid Ridgley, is an enterprise development professional and advisor who provides insights, guidance and practical tips & hints to leaders in their pursuit of creating operationally effective ideal places to work and to do business with. With multi-year experience and an extensive range of clients, he has developed a strong reputation for being both a strategist and pragmatist as it relates to Customer Satisfaction, Sales, People Development & Engagement, Culture Transformation, Leadership Development and in Leading Change in organizations. He gets paid for, and earns his clients’ loyalty by, simplifying the complexities of people and organization development.
A few of Sid’s career highlights include:
- 25+ years developing executives, managers and supervisors in custom tailored workshops
- 30+ years consulting with companies in many industries in many countries to assist their leaders in creating improved organizations.
- Inducted into the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers Hall of Fame, 2019
- Is one of about 60 people in Canada that has the coveted CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation…there are about 650 worldwide
Interested but not ready to register? Subscribe to our mailing list for course news and updates.