Design Thinking Leadership
A Blueprint for Planning, Executing and Innovating.
Why take this course?
- Organize and lead a design thinking session with confidence
- Describe the core building blocks of the design thinking framework, and common variations
- Understand the design thinking process and how it is used to unlock organizational creativity and agility
Faced with rapid and unpredictable disruption, successful companies are turning to proven design practices to change the way they plan, execute, and innovate across the organization.
Design Thinking is a deeply collaborative and data-driven process used to connect with customers and cultivate competitive advantage. A recent report by the World Economic Forum identified core elements of Design Thinking – Complex Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, and Creativity as the top three skills people and organizations need to thrive in the fourth industrial revolution.
This course will:
- Describe how to use the design thinking process to define and prioritize change initiatives
- Assess and articulate the appropriate use of design thinking
- Apply the design thinking practice to develop new products, processes, and solutions to complex business problems
- Understand the essential tools and tactics used in the application of the design thinking process
This course can be customized to your organization’s needs and can be delivered online, onsite or at the Ron Joyce Centre in Burlington. For more information, click here.
Jonathan Carrigan is a passionate thought leader with over 15 years’ experience working at the intersection of technology, strategy, and design. Most recently, Jonathan was a founding member of a corporate transformation office at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) that oversaw and guided MLSE’s digital transformation initiatives. Prior to this role, Jonathan established and led a unique multidisciplinary unit at MLSE comprised of analytics, user experience design (UX), and digital engagement (social, mobile, web). Jonathan has an MBA specializing in technology management, and he speaks regularly at industry events and conferences in Canada and abroad.
Interested but not ready to register? Subscribe to our mailing list for course news and updates.