Fall 2020 Session:
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
A Blueprint for Planning, Executing and Innovating
Design Thinking is a deeply collaborative and data-driven process used to connect with customers and cultivate competitive advantage. A recent report by the World Economic Forum identified core elements of Design Thinking – Complex Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, and Creativity as the top three skills people and organizations need to thrive in the fourth industrial revolution.
Whether you are a team lead or senior executive, this course gives you the understanding and practical skills to apply the powerful practice of design thinking in your everyday business operation.
• Organize and lead a design thinking session with confidence
• Describe the core building blocks of the design thinking framework, and common variations
• Understand the design thinking process and how it is used to unlock organizational creativity and agility
• Describe how to use the design thinking process to define and prioritize change initiatives
• Assess and articulate the appropriate use of design thinking
• Apply the design thinking practice to develop new products, processes, and solutions to complex business problems
• Understand the essential tools and tactics used in the application of the design thinking process
***Please note that this course can be customized to your organization’s needs and can be delivered onsite or at the Ron Joyce Centre in Burlington. For more information, click here.
Jonathan Carrigan is a passionate thought leader with over 15 years experience working at the intersection of technology, strategy, and design. Most recently, Jonathan was a founding member of a corporate transformation office at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) that oversaw and guided MLSE’s digital transformation initiatives. Prior to this role, Jonathan established and led a unique multi-disciplinary unit at MLSE comprised of analytics, user experience design (UX), and digital engagement (social, mobile, web).
Before joining MLSE, Jonathan led digital design and new product development at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), where he operated at a national level in support of strategic planning across business lines, including News, Sports, TV, and Radio. While at CBC, he was part of a select management group that initiated and oversaw CBC’s transition to agile product development and operational management. Jonathan has an MBA specializing in technology management, and he speaks regularly at industry events and conferences in Canada and abroad.