Best Practices in Strategy Execution
How to implement a successful strategy execution.
This online course creatively combines theory and application to enrich the learning experience and ensure that participants acquire a practical understanding of the strategy execution process.
Why take this course?
- Learn the 7 keys to successful strategy execution
- A practical and effective 4 phase method for orchestrating and managing the strategy execution process, based on the experience of the most successful organizations
- Learn the major challenges and dilemmas of implementation and how to tackle them
- Learn the new Impact Assessment which helps you identify 4 positive and 4 negative ways your organization might be impacted by the current environment
***IMPORTANT NOTE – It is highly recommended that “High Impact Strategic Planning” be taken prior to this course.
Masters of strategy implementation know there are no tricks or fancy techniques that will do the heavy lifting for them. The key to successful implementation of strategy lies in being:
- Organized – there is a plan to follow and a schedule to keep everyone on track – 70% of companies with a formal execution system report outperforming their peer group.
- Committed – leaders throughout the organization believe in the strategy and contribute all that is required of them and their business units.
- Disciplined – follow-through is expected and recognized. Deviations from the plan are noticed, analyzed and addressed.
- Agile – adjustments are made to adapt to changes and faulty assumptions. Flexibility and learning are the necessary complement to being organized and disciplined.
The new online, interactive applied learning design of this program will:
- Give you best-practice ideas and models for what works
- Easy to apply methods and tools for organizing and leading implementation
- Assessment of organizational preparedness for strategy execution
- Application of analytic and design tools to each participant’s own organization
This course can be customized to your organization’s needs and can be delivered online, onsite or at the Ron Joyce Centre in Burlington. For more information, click here.
Alex Lowy consults widely as a strategic advisor and educator, helping organizations around the world address major dilemmas in a systematic and effective manner. His clients have included technology firms (HP, IBM), banks (CIBC, BMO) resources companies (Shell) and government (Province of Ontario, City of Toronto, Metropolitan Toronto Police Force). He is an adjunct faculty member at four business schools (DeGroote in Hamilton, Schulich in Toronto, Saint Mary’s in Halifax and Memorial in Newfoundland) where he teaches business strategy and critical thinking skills to executives. He writes extensively on the topic of strategy and decision-making, with articles in such journals as Strategy & Leadership, Business 2.0 and Group & Organization Studies.
Alex is co-author of several best-selling business books including The Power of the 2 x 2 Matrix (Jossey Bass, 2004, with Phil Hood) and Digital Capital (Harvard Business School Press, 2000, with Don Tapscott & David Ticoll). His most recent book, No Problem, was published in 2007, and is being taught in business schools in Canada, the USA and Malaysia.
Interested but not ready to register? Subscribe to our mailing list for course news and updates.