This program is suited for mid to senior level managers who want to effectively lead their employees.
Essential Leadership Skills
This session has been created to provide participants with strategies, tools, and frameworks to successfully navigate, as a leader, the new realities of today’s workplace.
Why take this course?
- To understand what is causing stress amongst employees in today’s workplace.
- To recognize the difference between leadership and management
- To learn about the importance of having a compelling future vision of success.
- To recognize that employee engagement is about “feelings” not “logic”
- To review the steps in effective goal-setting.
- To reflect on some the “do’s and don’ts” of effective communications
- To learn that conflict and differences of opinion can be healthy in a workplace.
- To describe 12 ways to boost your credibility at work.
- To understand that “who you are”, especially as it relates to integrity is what creates a successful leader.
In these stressful, some would say chaotic, times, there is an increased need for managers and supervisors to meet objectives and requirements of the organization AND maintain the well-being, health and safety of their employees.
It is no secret, employees – at all levels – are concerned about what is going on in the world. Some organizations will emerge stronger and more productive from this crisis; others will falter. The difference in success rates depends on how leaders empathize, engage, motivate, inspire, support and use the talents of their people.
The purpose of this session is to assist participants in understanding that their primary job in any organization is to create value; create value for stakeholders, employees and especially those who are served by the enterprise.
Sid Ridgley, is an enterprise development professional and advisor who provides insights, guidance and practical tips & hints to leaders in their pursuit of creating operationally effective ideal places to work and to do business with. He has over 20 years of developing executives, managers and supervisors in custom tailored workshops and over 25 years of consulting with companies in many industries in many countries to assist their leaders in creating improved organizations.
If you have any questions about this course or registration, please submit us a question to discuss your development needs.
Who Should Register
Cost and Policies
Receive a $100 / course discount when registering for 5 full courses in the Executive Management Program.
* Registration for all 5 courses must be done in the same transaction.
This course can be customized to your organization's needs and delivered at your location or the Ron Joyce Centre.