Emotional Intelligence For Leaders
Emotional intelligence is often what differentiates good leaders from great leaders. What kind of leader are you?
This fast-paced workshop explores how emotional intelligence (EI) gives leaders a competitive advantage. Learn how it can encourage innovation, accountability, and amazing client service in your organization.
Registration includes a personalized, confidential EQ-i Leadership self-assessment.
- Answer the question: “What is emotional intelligence?”
- Understand the key differences between EQ and IQ.
- Understand why emotional intelligence is important for great leadership.
- Learn how emotionally intelligent leaders attract (and retain) the best talent.
- Learn about EI scales and the leadership competencies they measure.
- Identify the EI scale which best predicts leadership potential.
- Increase awareness and understanding of your own EI skills through self-assessment.
- Learn how to develop your own emotional intelligence and the EI skills on your team.
Fiorella Callocchia — a nearly 40-year HR veteran and consultant — was given the National HR Lifetime Achievement Award for years of dedication to excellence in the profession and helping the profession to excel through her volunteer work, training and frequent public speaking. Her background includes senior HR Leadership roles within financial services and manufacturing. She then established herself as a reputable HR Consultant, helping companies enhance their leadership and talent management practices. Over the past two decades, she established a successful boutique consulting firm and has also worked as part of Deloitte’s Human Capital Team. Fiorella is the Author of Canada’s first HR Audit Toolkit, a business best -seller published by Carswell Thomson Reuters. Her insightful and proven approaches have also been featured in national publications including The Globe, HR Reporter, Toronto Star, MoneySense, Chatelaine and the Financial Post. She is frequently interviewed by the media for her perspectives on workplace issues and is a regular guest on radio talk shows. Committed to continuous learning & professional development, Fiorella is a Certified HR Professional & Certified Management Consultant. In addition, she is an accredited Facilitator on numerous leadership & team assessment tools including Emotional Intelligence, Hogan, MBTI and Team Management Systems. Her unique coaching style has helped hundreds of individuals accelerate their overall performance and careers. She has designed and facilitated workshops in the areas of Leadership & HR Management for the Canadian Management Center, Human Resources Professional Association, DeGroote School of Business, Richard Ivey, University of Guelph, in addition to the local chambers of commerce and many professional associations. Fiorella is a strong supporter of community initiatives and is the Past President of the Halton Region HR Association. She devoted her time to Peel Regional Police Services, Step Ahead, Habitat for Humanity and has been recently appointed to the Board of Directors of the Carpenter Hospice, a palliative care organization in the Halton Region. She is a sought-after keynote speaker who knows how to quickly engage the audience and motivate participants to take action. Her style is energizing, informative with just the right touch of humour.
If you have any questions about this course or registration, please submit us a question to discuss your development needs.
Who Should Register
- Professionals who want to improve their leadership and relationship management skills.
- Mid to high level management who would like to build stronger working relationships within their team
Cost and Policies
$825 + HST
Receive a $75 / course discount when registering for 5 full courses in the Executive Management Program.
* Registration for all 5 courses must be done in the same transaction.
All meals and parking are included.
This course can be customized to your organization's needs and delivered at your location or the Ron Joyce Centre.