Mid- to senior level managers looking to better understand data science and how to craft stories from data.
Data Analytics and Storytelling
Understanding how to derive valuable insights from data and deliver them in a way that has impact.
Why take this course?
Through participation and practice, participants will:
- Discover how to find insights hidden in data
- Learn how to craft stories from data
- Understand how to tailor these stories to different audiences
- Know how to choose the right visualization to support the story
Data has been described as the new ‘oil’ or more appropriately the new ‘fuel’ to help organizations make better decisions. There remains a gap between reporting on data and communicating insights and ideas born of data. The goal of this course is to teach participants how to make data usable and more effective by understanding your audience and choosing the right story to enable effective decision making. Leveraging data to drive business success.
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the shifts that have brought on our new need to leverage data
- Recognize the different sources of data
- Know the basics of data science
- Recognize the different types of questions that analytics can help to answer
- Learn the different types of data visualizations and when to use them
- Learn an approach to structuring and delivering impactful stories
- Build some use cases for your business
- Put what you have learned into practice
A 25-year marketing industry veteran, Paul Tedesco has spent his career focusing on using data, technology and analytics to enable companies to build more efficient communications with customers and employees. Paul currently heads up the North American operations of Track DDB, a leading digital, data, technology and analytics agency focusing on delivering connected experiences for some of the world’s best brands.
Paul Tedesco (MBA, DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University) has been an instructor in Marketing at the MBA and EMBA level for over 15 years. Paul’s area of focus is in Value Creation specifically in the Data, Technology and Analytics area and he has been and instructor in Brand Management, Customer Value Creation and Data
If you have any questions about this course or registration, please submit us a question to discuss your development needs.
Who Should Register
This course can be customized to your organization's needs and delivered at your location or the Ron Joyce Centre.