Talent Management: Data Analytics and HRM
Analytics, defined most simply, is the science of logical analysis, and people analytics are leveraged to inform evidence-based decisions in all facets of human resources management, including talent acquisition, development, engagement and retention. When all facets of HRM are aligned toward achieving an organization’s mission we refer to this as a high performance work system (HPWS). This course provides the platform for learning how analytics are being applied in the realm of talent management. Simulations, cases, video vignettes, and discussions will be embedded within instructor presentations to engage and maximize the learning experience.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Employ people analytic strategies (logical analysis) to achieving valued business outcomes through building and maintaining elements of a high performance work system.
- Understand and apply key people analytic terms and concepts
- Appreciate the economic and strategic value of employing analytic approaches, tools and evidence-based decision making to building and maintaining high performance work systems
- Communicate key current-day applications of people analytics to the workplace
- Introduction to Strategic HR Analytics
- High performance work systems
- Talent Acquisition: recruitment, assessment and selection
- Case examples, video vignettes, and discussions on applying analytics to talent acquisition
- Talent Management: employee engagement, development & retention
- Case examples, video vignettes, and discussions on applying analytics to talent management