Leveraging Information Systems for Strategic Success
This two-day program will provide participants with a broad overview of information systems and how they support management and operations in the modern business environment.
The approach is more strategic than technical. The fundamental question is: What role do information systems play in creating and sustaining a competitive advantage in today’s complex business environment?
The objective of the program is to ensure managers are equipped to make informed decisions about information systems and “Big Data.” The program will outline the critical role information systems plays in achieving integration within organizations, as well as integrating an organization with its partners and customers.
Participants will gain hands-on experience with key information technologies that support effective managerial decision-making. We’ll use case studies and examples to demonstrate various opportunities and challenges involved in managing with information systems in different industries and contexts.
- Information Systems Overview and the Link to Organizational Strategy
- Digital Transformation
- Uber Case Discussion
- Advanced Excel for Decision-Making
- Williams Coffee Pub Case Discussion
- Enterprise Systems Overview
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- “Building Blocks” class exercise (60 minutes)
- Acquiring/Developing Information Systems
- e-Commerce – Guidelines for Success